If you are attempting to design your Thanksgiving meal for this holiday season, I’ve got a super simple recipe that is sure to be a hit. Stuffing can be tricky business. Do you actually stuff or not? I’m all about staying as healthy as possible on the big day. I personally always pass on cooking the stuffing in the turkey, just so I can remove that potential risk. No one wants to be sick on Thanksgiving from under cooked poultry problems. My solution is just to avoid the situation all together.
I decided to try a recipe from Lucky Leaf. I could claim I decided to make the recipe, because I like all things Lucky Leaf. Or I could claim I decided to make the recipe, because it sounded delicious. But I can’t deny I made the recipe, because it sounded easy. Let’s be real. Easy is good. Easy is what I need. But of course it has to be delicious too. A recipe can’t be so easy that it sacrifices taste.
I must admit I wasn’t entirely sure how fruit and cranberry actually in stuffing would be received by my family. But it was a hit. My husband actually commented that specifically liked the apple included. Woo hoo! Success!
- 3/4 cup water, 4 TBSP butter or margarine, 1 21-ounce can Lucky Leaf Premium Apple Cranberry Pie Filling, 1 6-ounce box dry stuffing mix
- Combine water with butter or margarine in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high until boiling (about 3 minutes).
- Add Lucky Leaf Premium Apple Cranberry Pie Filling and cook for 4 additional minutes.
- Remove from microwave and stir in stuffing mix and seasoning packet.
- Return to microwave and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Fluff with fork. Serve warm.
- Recipe may be prepared on the stove top using a 4 qt. saucepan. After adding stuffing, simply remove from the stove top, cover, and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
Currently Lucky Leaf is hosting recipe contest. Create and enter the contest using an original recipe using Lucky Leaf Pie Filing! You could win some amazing prizes!
Enter your recipe from now until December 2nd for a chance to win! Visit Lucky Leaf online for all the specific details regarding this fun contest.
One lucky Mama Report reader will their own Lucky Leaf prize pack which includes- a pie bird, pie slice boxes, a recipe card, and 1 can of Lucky Leaf Pie Filling.
Please use the Rafflecopter entry method provided.
Please note this contest is available to U.S. residents only. The winner will be selected at random using Rafflecopter and contacted via email. The winner has 48 hours (2 days) to respond. If the winner’s email is incorrect or they do not respond within 48 hours, another winner will be selected. If a winner is selected, and their entries are found to be fraudulent, they are automatically removed from the list and another winner will be selected.The winner will be announced on this page.