It’s that time of year again, we “gain” an entire hour. Uff. I’m tired already thinking about it! And if your family is like mine, it takes my kids at least a week to adjust to the new time. I predict crabby faces the week of November 4th.
It is also the time of year when it is important to change the batteries in your fire alarms and carbon monoxide detectors. Everybody knows about this, right? As a ritual every year when you change your clocks for the time change, you should also change the batteries on your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors. Think about it. These devices are certainly something you probably don’t think about on a regular basis, but they are extremely important. If you don’t check the batteries they could be lacking when you need them the most. Scary.
For the 25th year Energizer along with the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) is working with local fire departments nationwide to raise awareness on the importance of working smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors in helping to keep families safe in their homes.
Thirty-eight percent of fatal fire injuries occur in homes with no smoke alarms, while 24 percent occur in homes in which at least one smoke alarm is present but fails to operate, frequently due to dead or missing batteries.*
* Fire statistics were obtained from reports by the Fire Analysis and Research Division of the National Fire Protection Association.
“To help give more families those critical seconds, Energizer is honoring its 25th year by donating 250,000 batteries to fire departments across the country to distribute to local families in their areas and adopting 25 fire departments in 25 cities across the nation, who, in addition to batteries, will be equipped with a variety Energizer® family safety products for their department and to share in their communities. Together, they will host Home Safety Days and neighborhood canvasses spanning throughout National Fire Prevention Month in October until the end of daylight saving time on Sunday, Nov. 4.”
Energizer graciously offered my family a Family Safety Kit to help with our preparedness.
The kit in a reusable grocery tote contains:
- Two packages of Energizer® MAX® Batteries with Power Seal Technology – Dependable, powerful performance for the devices that help keep your family safe; now hold their charge when stored for up to 10 years
- One Energizer® Flameless Wax Candle – Enjoy the realistic flicker of a scented wax candle without the worry of open flame or hassle of soot and dripping wax
- One Energizer® Weatheready® Safety Light – Waterproof flashlight powered by AA, AAA or C cell batteries; includes safety whistle and imprinted preparedness checklist
- One Kidde Battery-Operated Combination Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarm
The total value of the Family Safety Kit is approximately $78 per kit.
This flameless candle is the new wave of candles. No soot, no flame, no mess, but still with a glow and pleasant scent. This is exactly what parents of young children need!
This flashlight isn’t just handy to have around for it’s ability to shed light on a situation, but it also can be personally packed with valuable information necessary in an emergency. What a great idea!
During this important time Energizer is offering a great Family Safety Kit Sweepstakes. Check out the information below for all the details!
From October 11 through November 4, visit the Energizer Bunny® Facebook page and click on the Fire Safety Info Tab. Here you will have the chance to enter a sweepstakes to win an additional Family Safety Kit. Energizer will be giving away one Family Safety Kit per day for 25 days. Contained in the kit, valued at more than $150 is:
- One reusable grocery tote
- Two Kidde Battery-Operated Combination Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarms
- One package of Energizer Advanced Lithium batteries
- One package of Energizer® MAX® Batteries with Power Seal Technology
- Two Energizer flashlights
- Two Energizer Flameless Wax Candles
- One Energizer Bunny Plush Bunny
In addition you can find fire safety tips, a home escape plan that you can download and draw your family’s home escape plan, as well as a coloring and activity sheet.
Energizer has kindly offered one lucky Mama Report reader a Family Safety Kit just like the one I received above!
Please use the Rafflecopter entry method provided.
U.S. only. Winner will be verified.
I received the above mentioned product, all opinions are my own.